after completion of thirty days of Learner’s licence
may apply for the test of competence to drive to the
licencing Authority in whose jurisdiction he resides.
- Learner’s licence
- Three copies of recent photographs
- Proof of age and address
as per Rule 4 of Central Motor Vehicle rules .
- Driving school’s certificate
in Form 5 for all transport vehicles
- All valid documents of the
vehicle on which the test to be conducted
Procedure / Points
- Adjust rear view mirror.
- Take suitable precautions
like fastening of seat belts etc before starting
- Move away safely and smoothly
straight ahead at an angle while at the same time
use of all gears.
- Change quickly to lower
gear when the traffic conditions warrant such change.
- Change quickly to lower
gears while driving down hill.
- Stop and restart on steep
upward incline make proper
use of hand brakes and of the foot
brakes without rolling back,
turn right and left corners correctly using
rear view mirror
- Over take and allow to be
overtaken safely with proper caution giving appropriate
- Give appropriate signals
by hand or by electrical indicators clearly without
- Change the lanes using proper
signals with care.
- Stop the vehicle in an emergency
- Use of the reverse gear
while driving the vehicle backwards with reasonable
- Use the forward and reverse
gears to change the face of vehicle in opposite
- Take correct and prompt
action at signals given by traffic signs ,signals, policemen and other
- Drive cautiously at pedestrians
crossings giving preference to persons crossing
- Keep well to the left in
- Regulate the speed to suit
varying road and traffic conditions.
- Demonstrate control of the
vehicle by confident steering and smooth gear changing
and braking as and when required.
- Make proper use of rear
view mirror before signaling, maneuvering, overtaking
, turning to right or stopping.
- Use proper side when driving
straight, turning and at road junctions.
- Make proper use of accelerator,
clutch, gears, brakes, steering and horn.
- Anticipate the actions of
other road users.
- Take precautions at intersections
& road junctions to adjust the speed , proper
positioning of the vehicle , use rear view
mirror & avoidance of cutting right hand corner.
- Concentrate on driving with
attention & presence of mind.
- Show courtesy & consideration
for other road users keeping in mind the road safety.
person is granted the driving licence after successfully
passed the test of competence to drive. If he does
pass the said test then he may appear for re test
after a period of seven days.